ARE "KYOTO UNIVERSITY " AND "Kyoto University" are different uiversitis? or the same university?

ARE "KYOTO UNIVERSITY " AND "Kyoto University" are different uiversitis? or the same university?

nicole gu
I searched the patent,and the results show me:

 Main Applicant Name  No

KYOTO UNIVERSITY  16
Kyoto University  12
THE SALK INSTITUTE FOR BIOLOGICAL STUDIES  5
THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA  4
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE LELAND STANFORD JUNIOR UNIVERSITY  3
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY CORPORATION KUMAMOTO UNIVERSITY  3
MIRAE BIOTECH CO., LTD.  2
KEIO UNIVERSITY  2
IPIERIAN, INC.  2
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE POCHON CHA UNIVERSITY INDUSTRY-ACADEMIC COOPERATION FOUNDATION  2