Accuracy in anti-cyberbot questions

David Myers
When I wished to access PatentScope today, I was asked to count the number of trees present in three different pictures.  The one on the left had one, the one in the middle had three, and the one on the right had four palms.

This is equivocal:  according to botanists (and I am trained as one, amongst other things), palms are herbaceous, not trees at all (although non-botanists often call them trees).  I therefore failed the test and had to undergo a further question.

Please be more careful in your choice of questions.

Yours sincerely

David Myers

Re: Accuracy in anti-cyberbot questions

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. To non-botanists, a palm is definitely a tree, often called palm tree.