K.

When I do an Advanced search using WO:2007* I get about 10-12 results for every year, besides the 10's of thousand or so of WO2007 documents. Why am I getting WO2008, WO2009 etc etc???

Re: Advanced search wildcard blues

Christophe
This is because the WO publication number contains two components: the year and the serial number in the year. The query therefore returns all PCT applications published in 2007 (what you were expecting) and all the PCT applications which serial number starts with 2007.

Four your query, a possibility is to use DP:2007 (publication date) and filter by the PCT collection.

I hope this helps,

Christophe