Character Limit for each address line for applicants/inventors

Character Limit for each address line for applicants/inventors

Francis
Hi.

As we are subscribing to WIPO's PCT web service to retrieve the data, we like to check, for the IASR XML, in the address group, what is the character limit for each line? Example, <address-1>, <address-2>....<address-5>. The DTD doesn't indicate the field length for each line.

A snippet was shown below :

- <applicant designation="all-except-us" app-type="applicant" sequence="1">
- <addressbook lang="EN">
  <name name-type="legal">EMPIRE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT LLC</name>
- <address>
  <address-1>2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400 Wilmington, DE 19808</address-1>
  <country>US</country>
  </address>
  </addressbook>
- <nationality>
  <country>US</country>
  </nationality>
- <residence>
  <country>US</country>
  </residence>
  </applicant>

Re: Character Limit for each address line for applicants/inventors

Sandrine
For questions related to data products, please send an email to patentscope@wipo.int