Intelligent Scanners

Neil Moulden
The second paragraph of WO2012072369 in the paper version starts with "The rheological properties of liquid fabric softening compositions are critical  . . . ".

In the scanned-in version (I assume it is scanned and then converted into machine-readable text), it appears as "The theological properties of liquid . . .", which somehow implies that God is interested in rinse products.

How does this change happen?  I guess the spell checker which is somewhere in the system has got confused?

Re: Intelligent Scanners

Sandrine
As indicated in the note:  "Text based on automatic Optical Character Recognition processes". Such mistakes can happen with OCR processes.