Results hitting in wrong field

Nick Malden
Hi,

If I do a search with the query FP:(rp:D Young), i.e. searching for applications where "D Young" (or at least "D" and "Young") appear in the Representative Name field, one of the results I get is this application:

http://www.wipo.int/patentscope/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2010147489

For which the agent details are:

"Agent: ADAMS, Matthew, D; A J Park 6th Floor Huddart Parker Building PO Box 949 Wellington, 6015 (NZ)"

which contains "D" but doesn't contain "Young".

However, the inventor details are:

"Inventors:   YOUNG, Robert Peter; (NZ)"

So it seems that the "Young" hit has come from the Inventor name field, whilst the "D" hit has come from the Agent name field.

Is there some way to ensure that this "cross pollution" doesn't happen and hits are only returned where the search criteria are strictly interpreted?

Thanks

Nick

Re: Results hitting in wrong field

Iustin
The right query is either:

RP:"D Young"
or
RP:(D Young)

Iustin

Re: Results hitting in wrong field

nicholasmalden
Doh! Of course it is....  Thanks for indulging my dumb question.

Nick

On 21 February 2011 08:53, Iustin [via WIPO Patentscope Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The right query is either:

RP:"D Young"
or
RP:(D Young)

Iustin

http://wipo-patentscope-forum.2944828.n2.nabble.com/Results-hitting-in-wrong-field-tp6046519p6047961.html
To unsubscribe from Results hitting in wrong field, click here.