Search by country of origin

andres.kytt
Hi,

    The Wipo patent statistics contains information on the origin of the first named inventor (report "Patent applications by country of origin and patent office (1995-2010)"). Is there a way to execute a search based on this criterion?

Thanks,
Andres

Re: Search by country of origin

Christophe
Dear Andres,

I don't think so. You can filter the information using the ARE, ANA and PAA fields but they apply to all applicants, not the first one (and not inventors) and you will not get the same statistics.

For example:

DP:2011 AND ARE:US AND ANA:CN
(at least one applicant lives in the US and at least one applicant is Chinese)

DP:2011 AND PAA:("CN US")
(This is intended to filter the applications having at least one Chinese applicant living in the US)

I hope this helps,

Christophe

Re: Search by country of origin

andres.kytt
Whoa,

   This indeed seems helpful! This query goes into what field? The smart quey? Also how do i filter by application year?

Thank you very much,
Andres

Sent from my iPhone

http://wipo-patentscope-forum.2944828.n2.nabble.com/Search-by-country-of-origin-tp7572668p7572670.html
To unsubscribe from Search by country of origin, click here.
NAML

Re: Search by country of origin

Christophe
Dear Andres,

Yes, copy the queries in the "Advanced Search" text box.

Regards,

Christophe

Re: Search by country of origin

andres.kytt
Hi,

        First of all, thank you for the useful information! I do not know if you are the right person to tell this but for my research I need specific data for a relatively large number of patents for a couple of countries. I figured the best way to approach this was to write some code to flip through the search results and parse the results. This would mean that the application might see a computer executing a lot of request without a pause. Firstly, I do hope this does not inconvenience you guys and secondly, by doing this I am not violating anything, am I?

Yours,
Andres Kütt,
MIT SDM'11