Translation of non-English language Patents

Translation of non-English language Patents

Fred Suffridge
For the past few years I have successfully searched the PCT database for oilfield related patents on a weekly basis.  Since many of these patents are published in non-English languages (i.e., Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, French, German, Portuguese, and others) I rely on your translation function to comprehend the details of these patents.  For the past month or so the translation feature has sporadically functioned.  Are security programs perceiving requests for translation of a PCT patent as a hacking attempt?  Is the service simply being modified and only randomly available?  I would really appreciate the continued usage of this feature.

Thanks,
Fred Suffridge
Petroleum Abstracts
University of Tulsa

Re: Translation of non-English language Patents

Sandrine
Access to the PATENTSCOPE website and all of the associated functionality was changed to the secure http protocol https which caused some issues with the translation tools. Thoses issues have now been fixed. Please let us know if the problem persists on your side

Re: Translation of non-English language Patents

Fred Suffridge
The problem continues as of this morning, 02/12/2015.  For instance, WO2014/195602 is a French language patent and the system refuses to translate the patent into English.  This problem was also noted this morning with WO2014/196474, a Japanese language patent.
Fred Suffridge
fred-suffridge@utulsa.edu

The issue has been fixed, please try again and let us know (patentscope@wipo.int) if the problem persists on your side