Use of the Designated List

Joseph Popolo
Gentlemen:  I have only recently started using  WIPO patents and patent applications in some of our online sales. As with any new database we want to provide links to our viewers so they may complete their due
diligence. When I do a search on the filing, I always find this complete list of designated states ( all 100 plus listed).
Any reason this complete list appears everywhere when only a few specific states are usually designated?

Or am I offbase in understanding this listing?

Thank you.

Joseph Popolo

Re: Use of the Designated List

Iustin
Administrator
When filing a application the default value for the designated states is 'All countries', value accepted by most of the applicants.
You can have a look at the PCT Rules in order to get more details.
Thanks,
Iustin