WO18064758 sequence listing number of sequences inconsistency

WO18064758 sequence listing number of sequences inconsistency

ersherin
WO18064758 has an ST25 which states it should have 55 sequences
<160>  55
however, it only contains 39 sequences
<210>  39
<211>  1385
<212>  DNA
<213>  Arabidopsis thaliana

<400>  39

How would something like this be addressed by WIPO?  Thanks.

Re: WO18064758 sequence listing number of sequences inconsistency

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
Thank you for drawing our attention to this potential issue. We are investigating and in case a complete set of Sequence Listing is received, it will be posted on PATENTSCOPE.

Re: WO18064758 sequence listing number of sequences inconsistency

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
The Receiving Office confirmed that the applicant submitted only 39 sequences in the sequence listing.

Re: WO18064758 sequence listing number of sequences inconsistency

ersherin
Thank you for the validation of the data.  In general, if we download a sequence listing from WIPO with this type of discrepancy, what is the recommended course of action going forward?  Should we report all to WIPO or assume that what we have downloaded is correct and acceptable, even if the stated number of sequences disagrees substantially with the actual number of sequences with Seq ID NO contained in the sequence listing document?

Administrator
How often do you have this type of discrepancy?

Re: WO18064758 sequence listing number of sequences inconsistency

ersherin
From what I understand, it's not uncommon.  Here are two more examples from the FTP batch we were working on:
  WO18065403
  Actual sequence count (8) does not equal to what's indicated in file (7).
WO18067985
  Actual sequence count (63) does not equal to what's indicated in file (58).

Can we set up a way to report these directly?  We can also provide validation logic for your IT people if you want to do your own validations.

How do you handle these issues?  Do you contact the inventor/attorney? How will it be known if a corrected, updated sequence listing is filed?