searching national phase applications

whegarcia
I was using Patentscope Search Service and found:

This page is being phased out of production, but will remain available during the transition to our new system. Please try the new PATENTSCOPE® International and National Collections search page (English only).

on top of my page, I tried the new search page and found that the National Phase Country is not included in the search parameters of the structured search of the new interface, how do you search for National Phase Country applications then? the country I am searching for is not included in the list with national collections.

Re: searching national phase applications

Iustin
Administrator
In the advanced search form you can enter the following query:

OF:RU  -->(the national country is Russia)
OF:EP  -->(the national country is European Patent Office)

Re: searching national phase applications

Assaf
Hi

If you do that (OF:RU for instance) you find some difference between old and new site.

Old site gives 57663 records while new site gives 88963.

Can you explain this difference? I am not these are the same queries...

Re: searching national phase applications

tadashi
Hello,

I tried the following queries in the new site,

OF:JP --> Results: 588,730
NPCC:JP --> Results: 582,126
OF:JP NOT NPCC:JP --> Results: 6,604

OF:JP AND OFDATE:(01.04.2010 OR 20100401) --> Results: 0
NPCC:JP AND NPED:20100401 --> Results: 0,

while in the old site,

NPCC/JP: 467020 records
NPCC/JP AND NPED/20100401: 524 records .

Why are there the above differrences in the search results ?

Ref.
PCT Newsletter - March 2007, p.5
http://www.wipo.int/edocs/pctndocs/en/2007/pct_news_2007_3.pdf

We are investigating, it looks like there are some problems though, I will come back to you when the issue is fixed.
Iustin

Re: searching national phase applications

Iustin
Administrator
The above issue has been sorted out.
Here are the correct queries:

new site:
NPED:JP-20100401 --> Results: 217

old site:
NPCC/JP AND NPED/20100401: 524 records .

New site results are 100% accurate, the old site returns some non relevant hits(ex: WO2009110341)

Iustin