Country field in Patentscope field combination search

Country field in Patentscope field combination search

Jtajtajta
Hi folks,

Does anyone know what the "country" means in Field Combination Search and how does it differ from the "Office code"?

Resulting numbers are slightly different when searching, say, a) applicant=Amazon and country=EP with 613 results, as compared to b) applicant=Amazon and office code=EP with 675 hits.

So, does "country" mean where the receiving patent office is located? And how does it differ from office code?

I cannot find proper documentation on these various fields and their meanings. Maybe I'm just missing the right manuals...?

Cheers
Juhani

Re: Country field in Patentscope field combination search

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
Hello,

Please go to the Help menu, How to search and Field definition where you will find the list of search fields supported with definitions. Best regards