Field Combination Search gives 0 results

Field Combination Search gives 0 results

Christian
Dear all,
I'd like to extract the number of patents that fulfill (all of) the following criteria:

1. registered between 1995 and 1999
2. registered from inventors with residence in Germany or France
3. registered at American, European or Japanese office
4. relate to the IPC classes F02B, F02D, F02F, F02M, F02N or F02P

My syntax to do this is: IC:(("F02B" OR "F02D" OR "F02F" OR "F02M" OR "F02N" OR "F02P")) AND DP:([01.01.1995 TO 31.12.1999]) AND CTR:(("DE" OR "FR")) AND OF:(("US" OR "EP" OR "JP"))

However, the result is 0 patents. Can anyone help me on what I'm missing out? How would I have to adjust the syntax to obtain the desired patents?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Christian

Re: Field Combination Search gives 0 results

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
Hello

The corrected query below takes into account your pts 1 & 4

IC:("F02B" OR "F02D" OR "F02F" OR "F02M" OR "F02N" OR "F02P") AND DP:[01.01.1995 TO 31.12.1999]

For pt. 3,  select the offices of interest in the Analysis table above the results.

Unfortunately at the moment, the field for the residence (country) of the applicant and not the inventor-AADC- can only be applied to PCT applications. We are considering making this field also available for the national collections in the future.

Best regards

Re: Field Combination Search gives 0 results

OlgaB
Hello,

I have the similar problem recently. Would be grateful if you could advise on it.

Trying to search for applications by the following criteria:

1.Priority Date - October, 2018
2. Designated States - JP
3. Legal Representative Country - RU

Although, 2-3 weeks ago the result was about 70 cases, now it is "0".

As for the other months (e.g., September, August of the same year, etc.), the result is much fewer cases than it was before.

Could you, please, advise, what may be the reason of such poor search results?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Olga

Re: Field Combination Search gives 0 results

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
Hello Olga

There is currently an issue with the PD field that will be fixed as of early next week.

Best regards
Sandrine

RE: Field Combination Search gives 0 results

OlgaB
Hi Sandrine,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Hope it will be fixed soon.