Problem to Practice example of “WIPO Guide to Using PATENT INFORMATION”

Problem to Practice example of “WIPO Guide to Using PATENT INFORMATION”

Ricardo
I tried, without success, to put into practice the example given in the “WIPO Guide to Using PATENT INFORMATION”, which later I found also in a presentation by Mr Siyoung Park (WIPO), titled as follows:

"Shaping Business Strategy Through Competitive Intelligence – Strategic Use of Intellectual Property Information"

I tried using several ways:

First way, as in Mr Park´s Presentation: FP:(“nanoparticle suspension”~5 OR “nanoparticle solution”~5 OR “nanoparticle ink”~5) AND (IC/“H01L31” OR “solar cell”~5 OR “photovoltaic cell”~5) AND (“aluminum foil” OR “metal foil”)

Second way, as in WIPO Guide: FP:(«nanoparticle suspension»~5 OR «nanoparticle solution»~5 AND «nanoparticle ink»~5) AND (IC/»H01L31» OR «solar cell»~5 OR «photovoltaic cell»~5) AND («aluminum foil» OR «metal foil»)

Third way, I repeated the query I had done months ago: DE/(“nanoparticle suspension”~5 OR “nanoparticle solution”~5 OR “nanoparticle ink”~5) AND (IC/“H01L31” OR DE/“solar cell”~5 OR “photovoltaic cell”~5) AND (“aluminum foil” OR “metal foil”)

As result of those queries I got the message: Error from server at http://ft11.wipo.int:8983/solr/solrNCUS: maxClauseCount is set to 1024

I contacted Eman S. Ibrahim, the tutor of the WIPO DL-318 course I´m taking, and she suggested me report that to you, as you can see in the transcription below:

"Ricardo.. According to the Instant Help feature of Patentscope Advanced Search, your query is correct:

DE/(“nanoparticle suspension”~5 OR “nanoparticle solution”~5 OR “nanoparticle ink”~5) AND (IC/“H01L31” OR DE/“solar cell”~5 OR “photovoltaic cell”~5) AND (“aluminum foil” OR “metal foil”)

Also this one is correct:

FP/(“nanoparticle suspension”~5 OR “nanoparticle solution”~5 OR “nanoparticle ink”~5) AND (IC/“H01L31” OR FP/“solar cell”~5 OR “photovoltaic cell”~5) AND (“aluminum foil” OR “metal foil”)

As Andrii noted it seems that the error is due to a long query. However, I think that Patentscope used to accept such long queries and I can't see any note about limitation of query length in the Help or Guide."

Re: Problem to Practice example of “WIPO Guide to Using PATENT INFORMATION”

Ricardo
Would you please send an e-mail to srl2014lrs@gmail.com when you have a solution to my problem?

Thank you.