Saved Query gives different results

GVPRAJAN
Hello, I am using the query PA:("MICROSOFT CORP") AND EN_DE:"telecom" OR EN_DE:("Mobile Phone") OR EN_DE:("smart phone"). When I search I am getting 2513 patents for the year 2005. When I save the query and reopen it, I get 712 patents for the year 2005. I have checked the query syntax. It is the same in both cases. Please let me know: (a) Which one of the results is authentic? (b) Does the search system deploy any other query by default - resulting in the difference? If yes, how can it be avoided? The system is good and useful and I appreciate the amount of work put in. But this issue is a bit confusing. Please clarify. Thanks Rajan

Re: Saved Query gives different results

Iustin
You need to add extra parenthesis to your query,
PA:("MICROSOFT CORP") AND (EN_DE:"telecom" OR EN_DE:("Mobile Phone") OR EN_DE:("smart phone"))
in order to group together the 'OR's
You can also add the publication year to your query such as:
PA:("MICROSOFT CORP") AND (EN_DE:"telecom" OR EN_DE:("Mobile Phone") OR EN_DE:("smart phone")) and DP:2005

let me know if you are still having problems.

Iustin