US data on patents

Fariz
Dear All,

I wanted to check if it is possible to collect annual data of patents by firm and by year? I am doing an academic study and need to use the time series of the number of patents owned by the US firms. So simply I need data for each US firm the number of patents owned for years from, say 2000 to 2012. Is there any way to download such database?

Thanks,
Fariz

Re: US data on patents

Christophe
Dear Fariz,

Yes, you can do that with our new 10K export facility. You need to have a PATENTSCOPE account to access this functionality.

Please bear in mind that we load the patent data as published by the national offices and therefore the company names are not standardized.

I hope it helps,

Best regards,

Christophe