direct URL search with Japanese term does not work anymore

direct URL search with Japanese term does not work anymore

Jake
I used to be able to search Japanese abstracts using a Japanese word with the following URL (this example searches for the term 機械; I have a script that searches for a highlighted Japanese term when a hotkey is pressed)

https://patentscope2.wipo.int/search/en/result.jsf?query=JA_AB:機械&office=(OF:WO)

However, the search results started coming back as gibberish about a month or two back.

I figured it was a problem with there being Japanese text in the URL, since directly putting in https://patentscope2.wipo.int/search/en/result.jsf?query=EN_AB:Machine&office=(OF:WO) comes back with the correct results.  So I tried to encode 機械 to UTF8 (%e6%a9%9f%e6%a2%b0) and a handfull of other character sets, but each produced the same gibberish results. (https://patentscope2.wipo.int/search/en/result.jsf?query=JA_AB:%e6%a9%9f%e6%a2%b0&office=(OF:WO))

Is there anything I can do to produce the correct search results?

Thanks in advance.

Re: direct URL search with Japanese term does not work anymore

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
The issue has been fixed; please try again and let us know if the problem persists.