searching

Maddy Marley
Hi

I am researching PatentScope for an article I plan to write about it.  I am an information Scientist at GSK.

I am confused with your Advanced Search

- if you paste some keywords in whats the default field it searches?

-how do I search for title/abstracts/claims in all languages

-when I get 1000s of results the REFINE option doesn't work properly (I am using Google CHrome and Windows 7)

Re: searching

Maddy Marley
sorry - i forgot to mention the query I am searching which is

"Benzoyl Wasserstoffperoxid"~1 OR "Benzoylperoxid" OR "peroxydes benzoyle"~2 OR "peroxyde de benzoyle" OR "peroxido benzoil"~2 OR "peroxido de benzoilo" or benzoyl peroxide

Re: searching

Iustin
The default field in the advanced search form is the EN_ALL field.
The field EN_ALLTXT is a concatenation of the EN_TI,EN_AB, EN_DE and EN_CL therefore is the most suitable for title, abstract claims searches.
Please precise what exactly is not working in the refine search.

Iustin

Re: searching

Maddy Marley
Thanks

I want to search the titles/abstracts/claims of all cases, not just the english language ones.  What is the field code I should use?

Here's my query

"Benzoyl Wasserstoffperoxid"~1 OR "Benzoylperoxid" OR "peroxydes benzoyle"~2 OR "peroxyde de benzoyle" OR "peroxido benzoil"~2 OR "peroxido de benzoilo" or benzoyl peroxide

 I would expect to refine, say by an IPC code.  How would I do this?

Thanks
Maddy

Re: searching

Iustin