Searching

Liam
I cannot search using patentscope. When I am logged in and I type in a term in the simple search bar and click search, it does not display the search results as it usually does. I have done searches in this manner for over a year and never had any major problems, however it has been like this now for about a week.

I use the translator interface, and display 50 results. I usually search for German terms.

However, these settings have been unchanged for the last year and only this week have I begun to have problems.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Re: Searching

Iustin
Could you give us more details, we did some changes to the interface and it could be related. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Iustin

Re: Searching

Patrick
Hello,

I'm encountering the same problem that Liam has described with Patentscope. I have a Patentscope user account and had set the Default Search Form to "Translator" within the Options for my account so that I could simultaneously view the abstract results for a search query in multiple languages (the language the application was filed in, English, and French). This allows me to search for a term in Patentscope in one language while viewing the corresponding term in other languages. This is a very important feature for those using Patentscope as a translation tool for verifying terminology. Now when I attempt to do a search using operators such as quotation marks (say a search query along the lines of "calculation unit", ), the search results are not displayed and the initial front page simple search form is reloaded instead. I can still perform a cross-lingual terminology search by setting the Default Search Form to "Simple" or one of the other options, but these settings cause search results to be displayed in only one language and thus make terminology searching a laborious and tiresome process because I am obliged to click and open up every search result in order to compare the abstracts in different languages. I really hope you are able to address this issue as this is one of the key features that makes Patentscope a more efficient and quick patent search tool than Espacenet or Google Patents when performing term searches across multiple languages.

Re: Searching

Liam
Hi Iustin,

Sorry for the delay in replying. It's the exact same problem as Patrick describes, so I won't bore you with the exact same thing again.

Liam
QAZ

Re: Searching

QAZ
Me too. I have same trouble.

AND, I cannot do option setting.
For example, these commands are disappeared:
[Query] - [Query Language],
[Result] - [Result List Language], [Display Fields], [Group by].

This trouble continues from 2weeks ago.

Re: Searching

Liam
Just wanted to let you know that the problems previously reported still persist.

I have tried various different search settings. The main cause of the problem seems to be the "interface" setting. As previously outlined, I use the search function to compare translations. When I enable the translator search function, no search is performed. Simple searches work, but that's not what I need.

I.e.: I go into settings, change the interface from "simple" to "translator" and save the setting.

I go to "simple search", type in a term, let's say the German "Fahrzeug".

Normally the search would display German abstracts with this term, and the English and French translations of these abstracts. Until a few weeks ago, this had worked perfectly for me for about 18 months.

However, no results are shown. The page just refreshes and stays on the search page.

That's basically the long and short of the problem.

Re: Searching

Christophe
We have implemented a fix. Can you please try if you still experience the problem?

Thanks in advance